Daisies and Buttercups

Daisies and Buttercups

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Union Jack Pillows


Sherry over at Shanty Girl has some beautiful Union Jack throws and decorator items so when I sorted out some of the twins' burp cloths that they were no longer using, I decided to use some of the material to make Union Jack pillows and one with a western theme for them and their sister. The material was much too pretty to discard. It wasn't until I finished the pillows that I realized I had put the English Flag on the bottom and beneath the diagonal stripes representing Ireland and Scotland. I still think they turned out good though. I also used brown and pink fabric left over from a table cloth from their sister's baby shower as the backing.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you sewed these and made good use of the burp clothes for the memories, so pretty yours are very very well made!! Love it. THanks for the shoutout!! Adorable pillows Anne!!

    ReplyDelete