Daisies and Buttercups

Daisies and Buttercups

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Jean Greenhowe Patterns

Jean Greenhowe has some wonderful designs and it was in the Christmas Special book that I found a pattern for a Cinderella doll. I made one from material for my daughter when she was a child, but this is the first knitted pattern I have found. If you're not familiar with these dolls, they are two dolls in one. Instead of legs under the skirt, when you turn the skirt over, it reveals an entirely different doll. In this case one is Cinderella as a servant and the flip side she is wearing a ball gown. I find Jean Greenhowe's patterns easy to follow. I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn which is my favorite for children's clothes and toys.

I'm making knitted dolls for my grandchildren for Christmas.