- Let the leaves dry (about 10) and then spray paint them red.
- Cut the end to make it easier to insert into the cone.
- Put the larger leaves (5 or 6) on the bottom and smaller ones above (cut them if they're all the same size). Don't leave a large gap between the top layer and bottom layer.
- Hot glue them into place, inserting them in spaces in the pine cone (smaller pine cones are better).
- The pieces you cut off (triangles) you can put in the top part of the cone.
- If the cone tips over, pull some of the seeds from the bottom to make a flat surface or place it into a small bowl.
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Pine Cone Pointsettia
This is a great project made with a pine cone and dried leaves from a southern magnolia tree.