Daisies and Buttercups

Daisies and Buttercups

Monday, January 29, 2018

Free Knitted Hedgehog Pattern


















I'm always on the lookout for patterns that use up scraps of yarn and recently found this hedgehog pattern by Margaret Bloom on Ravelry. You will have to register to join Ravelry, but there are many free patterns on there.

I made a few changes for my hedgehogs:
I used U.S. size 5 needles (3.5mm)
I used crochet needle 4.25 mm for the feet for the larger hedghogs
I knitted the ears
For the eyes and nose I made french knots

















Ears:
Cast on 3 stitches
Purl
sl. 1 K2 tog. psso
Pull yarn through the remaining stitch, fold in half and sew on the hedgehog

Feet for the larger hedgehog (make 4):
ch. 2
5 sc in 2nd chain from hook
sc in each of 5 sc
cast off leaving enough yarn to gather through the top 5 sc and sew on to hedghog.








More patterns by Margaret Bloom here